The West Australian State School Registrars Association was founded in 1994 by a small group of Registrars who realised there was an urgent need for a non-industrial association to support Administration Support Staff working in Government schools. Those original Registrars are now all Life Members of the Association. The WAECSSA Management Committee is comprised of eleven members, who all work full time and commit to WAECSSA on a voluntary basis. Our committee members are based around the state: metro north and south and various regional locations
Our Association is a high profile, pro-active and professional organisation, that is accessible and affordable for Administration Support Staff of schools, be they male or female, employed within primary or secondary, metropolitan, regional or rural, independent or public schools.
We communicate effectively in an engaging, empowering, innovative way, using different media, both traditional and cutting-edge, to ensure we reach the maximum audience.
Our role is to provide future-focused, sustainable support and professional development for members that keeps us in the forefront of both members’ and potential members’ minds.
Membership of our Association is far more than “convention only”, providing ongoing tangible benefits for members. We are a strong, growing Association which is recognised by our colleagues for the value we bring to the education sector and for the vital partnership we forge between the Department of Education and our members.
- To enhance the professional expertise and status of Corporate Service Staff and to improve the quality of administration and financial management in WA State Schools.
- To create a fellowship of those engaged as which will foster advancement in administrative and financial management, thought and practice.
- To set before itself and the community the ethics of high professional responsibility and to provide a catalyst for workplace flexibility and reform.
- To organise and conduct regular meetings, conferences, forums and seminars for the advancement of Corporate Services Staff and professional development of Corporate Services Staff.
- That references in Constitutional Aims to “Corporate Services Staff” should include all members of WAECSSA.
- To promote collaborative relationships with DOE and other professional associations.
Our Strategic Plans
The focus of the Plan is to move the Association forward into the future, offering members full support in all areas of their work.
To attract and retain members and develop a robust framework for networking and professional development.
To improve communication and raise the profile of WAECSSA.
To develop a strong business foundation and build key strategic partnerships.
Please click here to view our Strategic Plan 2016 – 2018.