Tough Conversations™ for Frontline Staff.
November 12, 2018 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Psychologist, Michael Hawton and his team, present a practical workshop for those at the frontline of a school, council or service organisation to manage difficult, emotional encounters with members of the public or colleagues.
This workshop provides the practical elements and skills for effectively dealing with offensive behaviour as it arises and what to say to defuse strong emotions.
FRONTLINE STAFF WILL LEARN
- Reasonable expectations to hold about a persons ability to exert self-control so that you can respond appropriately.
- An understanding of what constitutes ‘normal’ versus ‘abnormal’ in behaviour.
- How to describe a problem using a template approach.
- Important conflict resolution one-liners to recall when managing a tough conversation.
- What the research is saying about great customer service and satisfaction.
- What you can do to assist someone to regain control.
- How to factually and reliably record an incident in the case of further reporting.
- Practise at completing the re-useable worksheets